Monthly Executive Committee Update
Welcome to our new e-newsletter and monthly updates from the Executive Committee. We hope to give more regular updates on the projects and business we're working on for the organization. Please always feel welcome to reach out, you can find board member names and emails on our website at Elected Board 2023-2024 (rtam.mb.ca).
The RTAM Executive would like to inform you of upcoming news more promptly and with more transparity moving forward. We are ever evolving to provide our membership with the current happenings at the RTAM Board level, information about the organization and the tasks your elected Directors and Executive are trying to accomplish.
- The RTAM Board is excited to announce that there are now 12 Board members ready to serve RTAM. A friendly reminder to all RTAM Full members to please register for and attend the Special Zoom General meeting on Monday, September 25 to learn all their names.
- Our RTAM President attended the MTS Rally at the Legislature on Thursday, August 24 and met with the current President and Vice President from MTS and Past President James Bedford..
- Our first RTAM Golf Tournament was attended by our members, guests and partners on Friday, September 1. We had more than 60 golfers at the first event to be held since COVID. Thank you to all our sponsors, especially Hearing Life and Johnson for helping us bring back this event!
- The Student Awards and Student Portfolio Committee met to determine the RTAM Scholarships' winners. Winners will be contacted in early October and announced in KIT in the Winter 2023 edition. We thank everyone for their submissions.
- The RTAM office continues discussions with possible new partnerships heading into the Fall and New Year. We look forward to announcing new trips with our Partners, Trip Merchant and some new partners in the provincial community of educators.
- The KIT Editorial committee is focused on bringing innovative ideas to the formation of KIT. Please read the Winter 2023 issue carefully as they would appreciate your feedback. Also, remind any members who want print copies or digital editions of future copies of KIT to email or call the RTAM office with their request.
- Do you have an idea for a Special Area Group (Acting, Singing, Travel, Arts, Crafts, Baking are just a few examples)? If you do, contact the RTAM office with your idea. RTAM is interested in forming a Drama group. Watch for further details as they become available.
- Thank you to all the Chapters who worked so diligently to supply the requested documentation to the office by the deadline. Your efforts are appreciated.
- During the RTAM Board meeting in September, the Board will discuss a Strategic Plan, updated to Bylaws and Policy and implementation of new committees to fit the needs of the current Board. Suggestions for a future RTAM group trip through Trip Merchant will be reviewed.
Remember, your feedback is always welcome. We can be contacted at the following emails with any comments or concerns:
- The RTAM Executive