RTAM AGM 2023 - Brandon, Manitoba!
The 2023 Annual General Meeting will take place in Brandon, Manitoba this May thanks to support from the local chapter, Brandon and Area Retired Teachers Association (BARTA)! We invite all our members to register and attend in-person or virtually online for this event. Please check back here often, as this page will act as your hub for all event information. Schedules, forms, registration links and much more will be made available here for all members.
We have broken information into three sections below:
- Tuesday Presentations and Registration
- Wednesday Annual General Meeting Forms and Registration
- Annual General Meeting (AGM) Information (TRAF Report, President Report, Executive Director Report, Auditors Statement, Treasury Report)
Tuesday May 2nd, 2023 - Guest Speakers and BARTA Reception (pre-registered and in-person only)
Presentation and Workshop: Chasing a Distant Horizon
Chasing a Distant Horizon 5:30pm to 6:10pm (with Brandon educator and artist Weiming Zhao)
Chasing a Distant Horizon - Join local area presenter, Weiming Zhao as he speaks about his journey to Canada from China, and becoming an educational assistant in the Brandon school district. His work with Brandon University and also transitioning to a full-time landscape artist. Weiming will have some of his amazing landscape paintings on hand as part of the presentation and a Question & Answer period will follow the end of the presentation. Art a 'way of life' for Brandon man whose portfolio spans more than 6,600 paintings and counting (cbc.ca)
Strategies for Successful and Healthy Aging in Place 6:30pm to 8:00pm (with National speaker Sue Lantz)
Strategies for Successful and Healthy Aging in Place - Join us as Sue Lantz flies in from Ontario as part of her Western speaking tour and leads us in a conversation about the importance of aging in ones own home and community, strategies for an effective retirement and older adult life. Sue's presentation will be followed by a Question and Answer period for guests and copies of her workbook will be available for purchase at the event. YouTube Video - Sue Lantz, 5 Strategies for Aging in Place
Guest Reception with hosts The Brandon and Area Retired Teachers Association 8:00pm to 9:00pm: All guests at this event are welcome to stay afterwards as event co-hosts BARTA bring everyone together for a meet and greet event with light snacks and great friends.
Cost: Free to all members // $10 Non-Members
Registration Link: https://www.cognitoforms.com/RetiredTeachersAssociationOfManitoba/RTAMSpeakerSeriesAgingInPlace
Wednesday May 3rd, 2023 (pre-registered in-person and online)
- Registration Form Chapter Presidents, Delegates and Board Members (deadline to register March 31 to access hotel rooms and accomodations)
- Registration Form Members at Large (Deadline to register April 21 in person attendance, April 28 online attendance)
- Members In Person (Free, up to 100 registrants)
- Members Online (Free, no capacity limit)
- Non-Members $50 (+ fees and taxes, covers the event and buffet lunch)
- Only pre-registered members and guests will be accepted in-person due to the capacity limits and catering needs of the hotel.
- Once capacity has been reached for the venue, all registrants will be signed up for the online event.
- To register as a volunteer for RTAM or a Committee, please use this form.
Rates start at $129.90 + taxes. Please call (204)728-5775 to make a booking.
Address: 3130 Victoria Avenue, Brandon Manitoba R7B 3Y3
Members at Large: please note attendance in Brandon is voluntary, members are welcome to register for the special zoom link which will be moderated during the event and allow you to vote on formal proceedings the day of May 3rd. General members are not endorsed to make reimbursement claims to the RTAM office.
We have use two formats for RTAM documents below. One format is a colorful version of the reports and the other format is a simple Microsoft Word format, which is in black and white (which simplifies reading and is printer friendly). For the 2023 AGM in Brandon, we encourage everone attending to bring a laptop or tablet to access AGM files. RTAM will not be printing copies of AGM reports (which will be available online), those wanting printed copies should print materials from the comfort of their home before coming to the event. Please note parter documents (TRAF, Reid and Miller etc.) are offered in the fomat provided.
- In Memoriam
- President Report (Printable Version)
- Treasury Report Available Late April (Printable Version)
- Proposed 2023-2024 Budget Available Late April (Printable Version)
- Auditors Report (Printable Version)
- Executive Director Report (Printable Version)
- Committee Reports (Printable Version)
- Chapter Reports (Printable Version)
- TRAF Report (Printable Version)
- Proposed Changes to Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws 2023
- AGM Minutes 2022-23 (May 4th, Holiday Inn Airport West)