Monthly Executive Committee Update
Welcome to our new e-newsletter and monthly updates from the Executive Committee. We hope to give more regular updates on the projects and business we're working on for the organization. Please always feel welcome to reach out, you can find board member names and emails on our website at Elected Board 2023-2024 (rtam.mb.ca).
The RTAM Executive would like to inform you of upcoming news more promptly and with more transparity moving forward. We are ever evolving to provide our membership with the current happenings at the RTAM Board level, information about the organization and the tasks your elected Directors and Executive are trying to accomplish.
- There is exciting news on the appointment of Dave Najduch, as our first RTAM member to sit as a TRAF Board member!. This achievement resulted from the persistence of various RTAM Boards members over many years. Well done, everyone! We look forward to Dave's insight and representation on behalf of all RTAM members.
- A working committee, consisting of various Board Members and other interested members, has focused on developing our RTAM’s new “Asks” for our politicians. Please read the online brochure which outlines our concerns and the process that you can follow to help advance awareness of these concerns, during the upcoming Manitoba provincial election. Provincial Election 2023 (rtam.mb.ca)
- RTAM will be holding a Special Membership Meeting of all members held on Zoom in September to approve the additional Board members that have come forward since the 2023 AGM. We now have new Board members for 2023-2024 and require your approval of these members. Invitations will be sent via email and posted online in early to mid August, allowing at least 30 days before the meeting is to take place. This will be a short online meeting, lasting about 15 minutes. The only purpose will be to introduce the potential new Directors to the board and then hold a vote on their acceptance. No new business will be undertaken at this meeting.
- We have had a lot of success with online seminars these past few months, we had more than 40 register for Hearing Life and the same for Express Scripts. Heading into the presentation from Taylor McCaffrey on Wills and Power of Attorney, we have more than 100 pre-registered for the event! Please see all our events and register online today! RTAM Events
- We're also seeing success and uptake with our in-person events! Thanks to everyone who came out for our Wine and Paint afternoon and took home a painting of Water Lilies this month!!!
- The RTAM Golf tournament (sponsored by Johnson Insurance) is just around the corner. The event takes place at Quarry Oaks Golf Course and you can play 9 or 18 holes, while getting some gifts, lunch, dinner and a great round with friends. We have more than 60 golfers registered for our event already, make sure you register today before the event fills up! RTAM Golf Tournament 2023-Sports Event
- Chapter Presidents and Delegates should be on the look-out for an important email from the Executive in early August. The Board, Executive and Office have spent several months reviewing Chapter relationships and reporting with our lawyers at Taylor McCaffrey and our financial consultants and auditors at Reid and Miller. Changes are required for this years audit and will also force changes to the Chapter system moving forward. The letter will outline RTAM's needs and contact information for President's and Delegates to reach out to the RTAM office or Executive Committee directly with any questions or support needs.
Remember, your feedback is always welcome. We can be contacted at the following emails with any comments or concerns:
- The RTAM Executive