The Retired Teachers' Association of Manitoba (RTAM) provides a strong voice for retired teachers throughout the province. RTAM, together with 21 chapters, serves approximately 10,000 retired teachers across Manitoba and Canada.
RTAM is currently seeking a qualified individual to join the office team as an Administrative Assistant / Member Services Coordinator.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant/Member Services Coordinator handles the day-to-day office operations, procedures, and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Working with the Office Administrator, the Member Services Co‑ordinator supports the Executive Director, Board and Committees, to ensure the implementation and success of RTAM programs and events. This job description is not all inclusive and is intended to reflect the essential duties of the position as it currently exists. It is understood that these duties are subject to change as the organization needs.
This contract position has a 35-hour work week (Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- 3 years previous administrative experience required.
- Customer Service experience a definite asset.
- Working with a membership-based organization considered an asset
- Grade 12 education.
- Graduate of an approved administrative/secretarial and computer application program.
- Training and experience in accounting an asset.
Qualifications and Skills
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated Customer Service Skills.
- Ability to think critically and provide feedback appropriately through established chains of communication/escalation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Access, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Data entry experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge in Sage 50 or accounting software would be an asset,
- Demonstrated qualities of diplomacy, initiative and confidentiality are essential.
- Administrative assistant experience in a not-for-profit office would be an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience maintaining electronic file systems.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Well-developed ability to establish priorities.
- Able to act independently within established guidelines.
- Able to maintain records and reports related to the position.
- Discreet and confidential in all board and membership related matters.
- Willingness to attend educational courses as required.
Salary is commensurate with education and qualifications.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be reimbursed for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
If interested please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your education, skills, abilities and experience to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 7, 2020.