Welcome to the new landing page for upcoming Chapter and Special Interest Group events!
Please check back weekly and monthly as we update this page with each month's e-news to help delivery timely information on upcoming events, seminars and programs being offered by RTAM Chapters and Special Interest Groups around the Province of Manitoba!
Calgary Chapter of RTAM
- Speaker Series with guest speaker Corinne Spronken MHA BSW RSW (education consultant, advance care planning with the Ablerta Health Services)
- Thursday March 21st, 2024
- The event begins at 11:30 a.m. (Mountain Time)
- The event takes place at Scottsman’s Well, 12024 Symon’s Valley Road NW, Calgary AB
- Price for the event - Attendees are responsible for cost of their lunch
The Retired Womens Teacher Association of RTAM
- Luncheon Series with guest presenter Gordon Goldborough (Manitoba author, "Old School Houses")
- Thursday February 29th, 2024
- The event begins at 11:45 a.m. (Central Time)
- The event takes place at the Masonic Memorial Centre, 420 Corydon Avenue, Winnipeg MB
- Price for the event is $25.00
Special Interest Group Events
SIG: RTAM Choir
- The RTAM Choir will begin weekly rehearsals on Wednesday starting this February and running until the end of April.
- This is a three (3) month pilot project to determine long term viability moving forward.
- The program sold out and exceed initial registration, meaning it will be back as a nine (9) month annual program starting fall of 2024.
- The initial cost for the three (3) month pilot program is $60 per member.
- Sessions take place Wednesdays from 1:30 p.m. until 3:30 p.m. at the Westworth United Church 1750 Gorsvenor Avenue, Winnipeg MB
SIG: RTAM French Bookclub
- The program will start in March due to some unforseen delays in January and February.
- An English book club will also be offered in a similar manner to the French book club, starting in April or May.
- Cost is free to join the book clubs, however the books and literature are at the members responsibility and cost.
- A dedicated page will be created on the RTAM wesbite to highlight the book of the month, the meeting dates for review, hot topics and questions for the book of the month and an archive of previous literature that has been read and reviewed by the group.