Jack Fraser, Director
In my teaching and volunteer commitments I have tried to live by the principles of servant leadership.
In my forty-eight-year active teaching career, I served (K-12) in the classroom or administration. In each of those forty-eight years I took an active role in the Manitoba Teacher Society.
- At the local association level, I served in the roles of school rep, chair of numerous committees, and president. In my retirement I continue to represent The Louis Riel Association as Vice Chair of the Board of Vic Wyatt House.
- Provincially I served as a member of the Provincial Executive. I served on many provincial committees and chaired many as well. Since its inception and until my retirement, I have been member or the chair of the Society’s Professional Conduct Committee.
- I was an active member and president of a SAG group- MAMT (before it became a SAGE group.)
- I also have served as a member or chair of the Department of Education’s Math Steering Committee for the duration of its existence.
- At the May 2015 MTS AGM, The Society conferred Life Member in the Society upon me.
I am currently in my fifth term as President of RTAM’s Louis Riel Chapter.
I retired in June 2013 and became involved with RTAM in 2014 when I was my appointed mid-term to the Board of Directors. I have been elected for full terms as a director since 2015. In addition to being a director, I have served as the RTAM Website Committee chair and as the chair of Communications.