Linda Scott, Director
I am a retired teacher and guidance counsellor having taught 17 years in elementary and 15 years in high school. During my teaching career I served on various committees for the Manitoba School Counsellors' Association and the St. James-Assiniboia Teachers' Association.
In RTAM I have served for 1 year on the RTAM Wellness Advocacy Committee, 2 years as the Chairperson of the RTAM Membership and Chapters Committee and 3 years as an RTAM Director.
Through the years my volunteer activities have included:
- 9 years as a Sunday school teacher
- 6 years as a Girl Guide leader
- 30 years as a Block Parent
- 4 years as a High School Peer Support advisor
- 10 years as a TADD (Teens against Drinking & Driving) advisor
- 8 years as a Peer Support Volunteer and Trainer for the Canadian Cancer Society
- 8 years as a Public Member of the Manitoba Podiatrists' Association
- 1 year as a member of the RTAM Wellness Advocacy committee
- 3 years on the Membership and Chapters committee
- 2 years as the Chairperson of the Membership and Chapters committee
- 3 years as an RTAM director
- 6 years on the executive of the St. James-Charleswood Alzheimers' Bridge group
- 5 years as the Social Convener for the Simply Unique program
I look forward to serving as a Director for RTAM.