Linda Scott, Director
I am a retired teacher and guidance counsellor having taught 17 years in elementary and 15 years in high school. During my teaching career I served on various committees for the Manitoba School Counsellors' Association and the St. James-Assiniboia Teachers' Association.
I have served for 1 year on the RTAM Wellness, Advocacy and student Awards and for 1 year as the Chairperson of the RTAM Membership and Chapters Committee.
Through the years my other volunteer activities have included:
- 9 years as a Sunday School teacher
- 6 years as a Girl Guide leader
- 20 years as a Block Parent
- 4 years as a High School Peer Support advisor
- 10 years as a TADD (Teens Against Drinking & Driving) advisor
- 8 years as a Peer Support Volunteer and Trainer for the Canadian Cancer Society
- 8 years as a Public Member of the Manitoba Podiatrists' Association
- 1 year as a member of the RTAM Wellness committee
- 4 years on the executive of the St. James-Charleswood Alzheimers' Bridge group
I look forward to serving as a Director for RTAM.