In consultation with the Board of Directors of RTAM and recent activities in regards to the COVID- 19 Pandemic, the following changes are being made:
- The RTAM AGM will be postponed until August 18 & 19, 2020. The location will continue to be at the Holiday Inn Airport West. All deadlines for reports and nominations will remain the same as there is no need to extend these deadlines. The early bird extension for hotel reservation will be extended. The AGM date will be reviewed again in mid-June if the current healthcare conditions and restrictions are still in place at that time. The AGM 2020 documents are found HERE.
- KIT will still publish the next issue at its regular time but the office is reviewing the deadline of submissions might change based on recommendations of the editorial committee.
- The office will be closed to the public for the foreseeable future but staff will continue to work to meet your needs. You may contact the office by email or phone (1-204-889-3660 or Toll Free 1-888-393-8082) and the staff will do their best to answer your inquiries in a timely manner.
We know these are challenging times but know RTAM will be there to meet the needs of retirees in the province. We truly appreciate your cooperation in these matters.
Stay home and be safe!
As Minister of Seniors, I wanted to connect with you regarding COVID -19.
We know seniors are worried about their health and the health of loved ones. This situation is unprecedented and changing rapidly. And it poses an increased risk for seniors.
Manitoba has implemented a number of changes to better protect the health of Manitobans. They include:
- declaring a state of emergency in Manitoba;
- issuing public health orders to:
- limit public gathering to less than 50 people including places of worship, family event, wedding and funerals;
- require retailers to ensure separation of two metres between patrons in their facility;
- limit hospitality premises such as restaurants or theatres to 50 people or 50 per cent of capacity (whichever is less);
- immediate closures of bingo and gaming centres, as well as wellness centres such as gyms and fitness centres; and
- recommending cancellation of domestic or international travel.