Travel Insurance Cancellation due to COVID-19
A Johnson Inc. representative has provided the following information to the RTAM office, regarding the cancelling travel insurance due to COVID-19 and reinstating the insurance after travel bans are lifted.
Members with Prestige Travel
Members have 60 days from when their first premium deduction is taken to cancel their insurance as per their policy wording.
- Members who are paying from their bank account, had until May 5th, 2020 to cancel as their first premium deduction for the new policy year was
March 5th, 2020.
- Members who are paying by pension deductions have until June 20th, 2020 as their first premium deduction was April 20th, 2020.
Can travel insurance start up again with no penalty or additional medical information?
- Yes, there is no medical required or waiting period. The new coverage will become effective the day Johnson Inc. receives the new completed application form.
Members with MEDOC
Members who have MEDOC, can cancel their coverage however, the cancellation date will be September 1st, 2020 as this is the renewal date for the new policy year.
Cancellation requests can be done in advance. For those waiting will have 60 days from their first premium deduction to cancel, which means they have until October 5th, 2020 as the first premium deduction will be August 5th, 2020.
If you have any additional questions or would like clarification of the answers provided above please contact Johnson Inc. directly at 1-877-989-2600.
RTAM's goal is to provide the best voluntary benefits at a competitive price to meet the insurance needs of the majority of retired teachers. Since 1998, this goal has been achieved through an increasing number of voluntary plans:
The RTAM plans offer choice and flexibility. Each of these insurance products can be purchased separately:
- Prestige Travel with Trip Cancellation
- MEDOC Travel Insurance
- Extra stand-alone Trip Cancellation
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Care
- Guaranteed Life
- Term Life
- Home Insurance
Our preferred provider Johnson Inc. offers access to a range of insurance products selected just for you. For further information please visit the website at http://rtam.johnson.ca/.